Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do i footnote my report?

I am doing a report on Galileo Galilei for my science report. She said that I have to footnote my report. I know what it means but I don't know how to do it on Word. Do Microsoft Word do it for you if you give them the info? or do I have to do it myself? Thx!








( I have to footnote a book, internet, and an encyclopedia)How do i footnote my report?
i had to do this for ninth grade but with endnotes


but they're basically the same things so...i'll show you :D


i have Word 2000 but the buttons are the same as like 2003 but i'm not so sure for 2007


so you go to...


Insert %26gt; Footnotes


and type away!


to put a footnote in put the little blinking bar beside the sentence and then do the above


then the program automatically inserts a footnote at the bottom of the page


hope that helps


good luck on you're paper =]How do i footnote my report?
Easy. :)





Go to insert (or maybe view) and click Header/Footer.


Footer = Footnotes.





When you click Header/Footer it'll open up a little box at the bottom of each page. In that box you can type in footnotes.





Now what are footnotes? Basically, let's say you write the following:





';Galileo Galilei was perhaps the most brilliant man of the 17th century and wrote 12 articles for the New York Times.';





If you got this piece of information (the 12 articles part) from an encyclopedia, on the bottom of the page, in the foot note you would write:





';Encyclopedia Britanica: Galileo Galilei'; (or whatever)

No comments:

Post a Comment