Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I make a footnote?

I searched online, and I cant find out how exactly to make a footnote; that is, the type I need to make. In my paper, I bring up the name of a certain theory, and at the bottom of the page I want to give a brief definition of it. How might I correctly do this?


Thanks very much.How do I make a footnote?
If you're typing in a Word document, click ';Insert'; (on the top toolbar) and then go to ';Footnote';. The resulting window will give you a few options and then just makes the footnote for you at the bottom of the page.





The default format for a footnote indication is a number, but if you're only going to use one footnote in your whole paper you might prefer to use an asterisk instead. Whatever symbol you use, make sure to type it AFTER any punctuation. For instance, do this:





The novel was written by Richard Bachman.*





...and NOT this:





The novel was written by Richard Bachman*.

No comments:

Post a Comment