Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am writing a paper and need to put two footnotes after the same sentence. How do I separate the numbers?

It will be footnotes # 1 and 2. One is a citation and the other is a note about the sentence. I don't want to just leave the superscript numbers alone, because it will look like the number 12. Do I separate them with a comma, or should I just make it one footnote and do a citation and then put my text note under that. I am writing in Turabian style, if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!I am writing a paper and need to put two footnotes after the same sentence. How do I separate the numbers?
Separate the superscript notes with a comma in the body copy. Then list the footnotes under one another at the bottom of the page.I am writing a paper and need to put two footnotes after the same sentence. How do I separate the numbers?
If you're using MS Word, put the cursor where you want the footnote in your paper and go to the ';Insert'; menu at the top of the page and select ';footnote';





It will number and separate them for you.
what if you label them:





1a, 1b





or





1-1, 1-2
  • skin conditions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment