Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I set my word program up so that I can type a different footnote on every page?

I have Microsoft Word 2003, and need to type different footnotes on each page. How do I set it up?How do I set my word program up so that I can type a different footnote on every page?
in the word help section type in unique footer


watch the demoHow do I set my word program up so that I can type a different footnote on every page?
What for do you want to program it. Why dont you set manually how would the program know what are the footnotes you want for what pages??? I hope this can help





In print layout view (print layout view: A view of a document or other object as it will appear when you print it. For example, items such as headers, footnotes, columns, and text boxes appear in their actual positions.), click where you want to insert the note reference mark.


On the Insert menu, point to Reference, and then click Footnote.


Click Footnotes or Endnotes.


By default, Word places footnotes at the end of each page and endnotes at the end of the document. You can change the placement of footnotes and endnotes by making a selection in the Footnotes or Endnotes box.





In the Number format box, click the format you want.


Click Insert.


Word inserts the note number and places the insertion point next to the note number.





Type the note text.


Scroll to your place in the document and continue typing.


As you insert additional footnotes or endnotes in the document, Word automatically applies the correct number format.





When you add, delete, or move notes that are automatically numbered, Word renumbers the footnote and endnote reference marks (note reference mark: A number, character, or combination of characters that indicates that additional information is contained in a footnote or endnote.).

No comments:

Post a Comment