Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I made a comment using a footnote, but I need to cite that comment. How would I do that?

I used a footnote to give a little background on something I said, but I need to cite what I said (I'm writing a research paper), so do I put a footnote on the footnote? I tried to insert a footnote at the end of the comment, but it just put the number at the beginning of the comment, so there were two 15s. Is there a way you're supposed to do that in Chicago Manual of Style?I made a comment using a footnote, but I need to cite that comment. How would I do that?
Do like the Almanac does. For more than 1 footnote they use a * or a #. Sometimes they'll put a number next to these. If you have an almanac look at it. A good example is in the Baseball Hall of Fame page.

No comments:

Post a Comment