Monday, December 21, 2009

Question regarding footnote style in a thesis?

I am writing a doctoral thesis and have to cite a footnote in a footnote -- that is, I am quoting from a footnote in another book. I need to know how to do this properly in the Chicago Manual of Style/Turabian style. If you know how to do this properly and can tell me where you got the info, I'll give you 10 points!





Please don't send me to the Chicago Manual website as I have searched it top to bottom, have also searched my copy of Turabian.Question regarding footnote style in a thesis?
I can't guarantee that this is correct, but put the footnote as you normally would, but when you cite the page number, follow it with n. in italics - and, if there are more than one note on that page, the note number: n.2 (for example).





As I say, can't guarantee this is 100% correct, but it's what I'd do (and I did do an MA thesis).Question regarding footnote style in a thesis?
I have been wondering the exact same thing and Katrine is right, Turabian says absolutely nothing about it. Thanks for the suggestion. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment