Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do I reuse the same footnote number if I cite the same source multiple times once one page?

I have referenced (w/footnotes) a few different sources on the same page. One of the sources was cited a few times, with other sources in between. It seems odd to write 1. (Source A.)


2. (Source B) 3.(Source A). Should I do this or should I just write the same footnote number twice on the same page and not retype it on the bottom. Also, if I am citing the same source on different pages, should I rewrite the citation (in shortened form) or should I again just write the same footnote number found on the page the source was first noted? Thanks.Do I reuse the same footnote number if I cite the same source multiple times once one page?
this depends on the style guide that is used by your school or department.





REALLY old style uses different numbers with a short word ( ibid? op cit or maybe opcit?) for this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment