Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I get rid of a footnote in Microsoft Word (NOT 2007)?

I know this is probably basic computer skills, but I'm not too familiar. I accidentally added a footnote now I need to get rid of it. Pressing delete won't work and I can't highlight it. Any help would be great. Thank you!How do I get rid of a footnote in Microsoft Word (NOT 2007)?
you probably have 2003, right? if so, it's really simple. press the ';View'; tab on top, scroll down to ';Header and Footer'; and then delete all the contents in the footer, and then ';Close.';How do I get rid of a footnote in Microsoft Word (NOT 2007)?
Delete should work. Select the footnote reference in the main text, not the footnote itself. Deleting the text there just leaves an empty footnote.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment