Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can I insert a footnote in the middle of a sentence or is this only okay for citations in parentheses?

I am writing a paper and I have used two different sources in one sentence. I have compared lyrics of one song from one website in with lyrics of another from a different website. If I am using footnotes, can I put two numbers in one sentence? Should I be putting each after the quotation mark?Can I insert a footnote in the middle of a sentence or is this only okay for citations in parentheses?
you absolutely should use two different superscript footnote numbers in one sentence, if you're citing two different works in one sentence.





e.g., ';The lyrics have been interpreted to say, 'Excuse me while I kiss the sky' (1), or 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy' (2).';





(i can't write superscript numerals on y! answers, but i think you get the point.) yes, the numbers go after the quotation mark.





hope this helps. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment