Thursday, December 17, 2009

I need help either inserting a footnote, endnote, or citation?

I'm not sure which of those three options I need to use to cite the following passage in a Literary Analysis I'm writing for my professor:





';The Buddha鈥檚 teachings are all knowing, and very wise and influential. Why wouldn鈥檛 he want to learn from him?';





I know HOW to insert any of those three options, but which would I use? I'm referring to a book by Herman Hesse, called Siddhartha. I'm using MLA guidelines.I need help either inserting a footnote, endnote, or citation?
MLA now uses parenthetical (in text citation) references, comprised basically of author and page number. You can still use footnotes or endnotes but these are reserved for personal or academic observations by the author (you) on the work you are discussing in text, not for the source details itself.





Best,


RH





www.referencinghelp.info

No comments:

Post a Comment