Thursday, December 17, 2009

How do you footnote on Microsoft Word?

I'm trying to reference my legal studies essay but I can't seem to make the footnoting work! I can find headers and footers and then write in the footers, but then the same links repeat on every page. I need them to be different on each page because I'm using different sources. I also tried using the footnoting system but it won't allow me to use the same number source for multiple sections of my essay.





I'm very confused :) Help would be greatly appreciated!





Thank you!How do you footnote on Microsoft Word?
1. Insert cursor where you wish to place the footnote reference number:





Hitler, a depressed “Nazi leader of a Communist Germany” who spurred a huge “anti-semantic” movement through a terrifying “Gespacho,” launched “Operation Barbarella” while the English “vanely hoped for peas.” The war began turning around, though, when the “Allies landed near Italy's toe and gradually advanced up her leg.”


2. Go to Insert Menu à Footnote à


Insert Footnote (check “bottom of page” button)


Numbering = (check “AutoNumber” (1, 2, 3) )


3. Click “OK”


4. A footnote window automatically opens, with the appropriate footnote number and the cursor is automatically in position. (MS Word automatically keeps track of your numbering, and keeps footnotes on the same page as their references.)


5. Type in the citation.


6. Return to the main body of your essay by clicking on it (scroll up if needed).





you can go through http://www.iyogi.net as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment